Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 045 Romantic

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is really a lip stain and a balm in one formula that is in a chubby crayon pencil form. I actually really like chunky pencil type lip products as they're really easy to use and you can be precise, just like real colouring. This one doesn't need to be sharpened as it just twists up using the bottom silver part.

Romantic- Is a warm sheer red with a nice shine, it really reminds me of a less pigmented version of Revlon's Lip Butter in Candy Apple but leans warmer and slightly more brown toned. The product can easily be built up without it feeling heavy and feels very light on the lips. It smells of very light mint which is refreshing but not heavy and there's no taste.

As this is a stain and a balm, you do get the moisturising qualities but it's not as deeply hydrating as the lip butter as it's way too light. However it applies very evenly and the tip doesn't wear down too quickly so I guess this will last you for ages. As for the stain, once the balm is worn away there's a very subtle tint, not much but it's there and most importantly it's even! On me it lasts around two hours but without eating/drinking.. if you do, you'll be looking at the subtle stain.

Anyhow I really do like this stain/balm thing and in my opinion it's better than the separated balm and stain marker duo.
RRP is £7.99.
^Comparison of Candy Apple Lip Butter top and Romantic Balm Stain bottom.
Purchased at Superdrug

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree love these a lot more then the other stains

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one of these today! Reminds me of the Tarte stains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try the Tarte. Wonder how they compare. x

      Delete