Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Jemma Kidd Make Up School Stain Flush & Gloss Lip & Cheek Duo in 01 Ruby Tuesday

Got this little duo for a couple of quid on FragranceDirect. Many of Jemma Kidd products are still available on the website for a fraction of the RRP, this one was £22.00! I looked on Jemma Kidd's official website and it's still selling so it's not being discontinued?

Jemma Kidd lip and cheek duo comes in a fliptop black rubbery type packaging like NARS with a lip/cheek stain pan and a lipgloss on the bottom, complete with a mirror it's a nice little compact.

I find the stain which is a bitten deep red to be creamy, matte and smooth but it is hard to get an even finish on the lips even if you build up the product, for the cheeks I find it to be better as you have more of an area to blend and don't need as much pigmentation as the lips, although I hate using any cream/liquid for my cheeks as I feel it messes up my base.

The lipgloss which is a sheer jelly bright red, it's very glossy, non sticky, thick in texture and when applied with the stain you get a much more even finish but it drastically changes the longevity to as much as the wear on a cheaply made lipgloss and there's probably no point in wearing the stain alone for the longevity (which lasts a few hours) as it's patchy. I figure I'll be using the stain under lipstick to boost the wear. 

Both the stain and lipgloss appear to be unscented but to me the lipgloss kind of tastes a bit papery while the stain has no taste at all, how weird is that?

Overall I'm so glad that I never paid the RRP and in my opinion the product is very average with a lot of faults and I wouldn't ever consider a repurchase.




 ^Lipgloss
 ^Stain
 ^Lipgloss +Stain
 ^Stain applied lightly and blended

 ^After using twice the lipgloss pan very visible

Purchased at FragranceDirect

1 comment:

  1. These sound delightful.The flavors sound wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete