Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Barbara Daly Eye Liner Polish in Dramatic Black

Barbara Daly Eye Liner Polish is really just a gel liner but it caught my eye as it's packaged just like L'Oreal and Maybelline with the brush included. At £7.99 it's in the price range of the other brands so it's not a cheaper version, so high hopes were involved. Sadly I don't like it all and unfortunately for me it's the worst I have encountered in gel liners.

Eye Liner Polish comes packaged in a large chunky misty glass jar with an eye brush which I think isn't too bad, although it is quite square, blunt at the ends and slightly thicker than the normal eyeliner brushes. I find this brush trickier to use than most.

As the gel liner is called 'Dramatic Black' I was expecting a strong pigmented blackest black of liners. This one takes a lot of layers to a achieve a good enough usable black. What makes it more difficult is the fact that it has a sort of dry texture and it seems to hate working on top of eyeshadow and goes all stiff, this is the first time I've encountered a gel liner to work like this. I like gel liners to glide and take very little effort which really this does not. As for longevity, I didn't experience any smudging or disappearing so at least it's good for something.

In my opinion I'd suggest to save your pennies and look else wear, my favourite gel liner has to be L'Oreal Gel Intenza.





Purchased at Tesco

1 comment:

  1. That's a shame that it is so bad! I am also a fan of the loreal liner I just wish it was a lil cheaper ;).

    Much love.

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete