Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Manic Panic Lipstick in Green Envy

Manic Panic are more known for their hair dyes than makeup. Although I have tried a few of their other makeup products like eyeshadow which I thought was very pigmented and pressed powder which works very well for me.

I have been looking for a good green lipstick for a long time and it's extremely hard to get. However I feel this is not the one. While it's a lovely shade of shimmery cool emerald green it takes a lot of work to get it there as it's quite sheer and can go on patchy if you're not careful. I wasn't expecting sheer from Manic Panic. It took a dozen coats on my lips to get the product more or less opaque.

I found the lipstick to be quite drying and it doesn't glide on my lips and sort of sticks and drags. The lasting power is pretty good. It's not so bad that I wouldn't use it again but I wouldn't repurchase and I'm still on the hunt for shades of green lipsticks. I detect no taste or smell.

Prices range from £5.00 to over £11.00 depending on where you purchase this from.



Purchased at Ebay

11 comments:

  1. Have you tried Morgana Cryptoria's lipsticks? I'm pretty sure she has a green shade. (her website is closed til Friday so I can't check) All the lipsticks I've purchased from her have been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Thank you for reminding me I'll have to check her shop out. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I love that! I have been contemplating buying the Illamasque green lipgloss but I can't make my mind up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I've been eyeing that up too. :)

      Delete
    2. I RECOMMEND IT! search for illamasqua news on youtube you will find my cruelty free channel and I show you a swatch of it, it is AWESOME! Also cruelty free like manic panic,which is what my channel features called visionaryvoice if anyone is intersted. Thanks for review on this!!!

      Delete
  3. i once bought a black lipstick that was giving my lips a strange texture, but i keep using it and it got better, the texture was gone and the effect of it got bette as well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the information. :) Fingers crossed that it will work for Green Envy. x

      Delete
  4. Hmm I am way too cheapskate to buy lots of green lipstick... though I did buy the mint one from Lime Crime. I would just mix green eyeshadow/pigment with a vaseline-type balm myself! I've gotten killer black "lipstick" this way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean lol. I have mixed numerous Sleek Pout Paints and of course the eyeshadow trick. :)

      Delete
  5. I didn't know Manic Panic did makeup, I'll have to have a look now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have their After Midnight Blue, it does get a lot better with use.

    ReplyDelete