Monday, 4 June 2012

Superdrug Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape Ultra Protecting Eye Cream

I'm now nearly half way through this eye cream from Superdrug's own brand Optimum and I do see results. However I wish it did a little bit extra like combat dark circles which it doesn't do nor claim to do, so please don't buy it for that reason. 


Super Antioxidant Grape Ultra Protecting Eye Cream contains PhytoCellTec "Solar Vitis" extract from a rare grape, which helps to strengthen the skin's cells and Collaxyl which rejuvenates ageing skin by stimulating collagen synthesis for a smoother firmer complexion. It also contains Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5. 


The benefits from using this eye cream are hydration, protecting the delicate eye area, reducing the appearance of lines, wrinkles and puffiness. It also stimulates collagen production for firmer younger-looking skin. It states that you can expect to results in just 4 weeks.

 
I've been using this product a lot longer than the 4 weeks and I found that I don't suffer from any dry patches under my eyes which sometimes happens to me, my overall under eye looks a lot smoother and I see my puffiness is reduced, although I still see dark circles. I'd rather have an eye cream that does the whole job in one and there are plenty on the market that do. If you don't happen to suffer with dark circles but would like the other problem areas to be worked on this is for you. 

You get 15ml of product which comes in a squeeze tube which I think is much more hygienic than eye creams that are usually packaged in a pot. The eye cream is a light hydrating formula which sinks in very little time, also a little goes a long way and I've been using this everyday and night for over two months and I have a little more than half left. RRP is £9.99 but is currently on offer for £4.99.

The product is is also fragrance free, dermatologically tested, opthamologically tested and also suitable for vegetarians, vegans and against animal testing like all Superdrug's own products.






Purchased at Superdrug

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm soon to be in need of a new eye cream. I've been using a La Roche Posay one but I would like something a) not tested on animals and b) cheaper! I have really bad dark circles but haven't yet found a cream to help them. If you do let me know!

    ReplyDelete