Monday, 2 April 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 035 Candy Apple

My first Revlon Lip Butter and I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. It's a totally new formula for me compared to other lip products I have tried.

Revlon Lip Butter comes in a plastic casing which is practically all lid and the lid colour reflects what type of colour you're going to get, inside is all metal silver where you twist to use the lip butter.

Candy Apple is a plain warm toned coral red, it's very pigmented for something called a lip butter and the colour is nice enough in one swipe but can be built up to look more intense. I'd say it was semi-sheer.

The formula is hydrating but I did expect it being a called a 'lip butter' that it would be sliding everywhere and feel very greasy and not last 5 minutes but it's nothing like that at all. It's light and goes on like a balm, it's very so slightly tacky and actually keeps in place. It gives the most healthy and hydrated shine which looks like the glaze they put on a dolls lips. On me this lasted two hours and I was drinking and eating, when it did leave my lips it gave me a very pretty bitten stain.

There is a scent but it's a very light caramel scent without any taste.

Overall I give a massive thumbs up on these and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase or purchase more shades they have to offer. RRP is £7.99.



Purchased at Superdrug

9 comments:

  1. I have this one and I love it too - it looks better on your lips though - I couldn't get it to last two hours tho, I found it a little slippy, but it feels lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! :) I'm sure it looks lovely on your lips. It's rare for these type of products to last that long on me so it's a keeper ^_^

      Delete
  2. looks sexy on ya! i love the lip butters so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I didn't expect to like these as much as I do. I went for all pinks, for some reason I couldn't warm to the idea of a sheer red. Looks great on you though. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might want to try this :-D

    sounds and looks really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing good reviews on these lip butters! I really like this color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this colour looks gorgeous on you! I wish I got this colour, so regret it now. xX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant wait for those lip butters to arrive in croatian drugstores, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete