Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Violent Lips 'Love Collection' Temporary Lip Tattoos

Violent Lips Temporary Lip Tattoos come in the most unusual arrays of colours and patterns you will see on a pair of lips, some could be almost impossible to create yourself unless of course you are a extraordinary artist. Each pack comes with three applications on three separate sheets. RRP is £10.00 a pack at ASOS, but I've seen these in Boots for £7.99, although I think the price is a bit steep, especially since it's a lip product that you can only wear once and you can't mess up more than 3 times.

These work exactly the same as those fake tattoos you had when you were a kid but now as an adult it's more tricky and you've got to work around your lips. You need to make sure that the transfer you pop out is measured to your lips, this involves using scissors to cut to your shape, placing it as accurately as you can (which I wasn't good at), then wetting it with cotton wool and water. After that you have to slowly peel it off which can be tricky as the tattoo can stretch and go gloopy if you're not careful. The most important thing from then on is you need to wait 5 mins for it to set and dry, I found the process quite uncomfortable since I have quite a habit of pressing my lips together, yet alone you start to realise that you move your lips a lot.

I found that they crinkle at an kind of lip movement, they also exaggerated the natural creases in my lips.
The lip tattoos felt way too heavy and uncomfortable for me, so I had to peel it off, so I can't really judge how they wear, I don't think they will hold up to the time they tell you (4-8 hours) as these have a tendency to peel off on their own. Anyhow I am a type of person that still can't get along with false eyelashes, others may find these a breeze to wear.

Overall I think these are an amazing idea just too time consuming and personally they really don't work for me. I can see why some love them, especially when you can get a knack of a good measurement and keep your lips relatively still for at least 5 minutes which I couldn't cope with, you'll definitely see better results. The vast amount of patterns and shades out there is outrageous and I love the glitter finishes as there is so much glitter, just it feels exactly the same as the one without.





^The Pink Glitteratti- Pink glitter galore
My measurement was really inaccurate on my first try you can see where the sides wrinkled up on the edges, I tried to get away with breaking some off but it peeled so a I made a fail on my first go.
^ The Magenta Glitteratti- A lovely glittery shade of amethyst
^The Red Love - A muted deep red with of course a white 'love' wording on the bottom. You can see where it started to crack on me. It's not so noticeable on the glittery shades, which I prefer.
Disclaimer- These samples were sent to me by PR for review purposes, this does never mean I will give a false review. All my reviews are always my total honest opinions.

4 comments:

  1. These ones are just super cool! Got to get my hands on them!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Ilike the color. It will be good for pictorial purposes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look funny but i doubt i will try them because it still seems a little difficult to use o.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looked so cool, I really wanted to try some. However, every time I see them on a blog, they seem to not work very well and they look very uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete