Monday, 6 February 2012

Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Plumping Lipcolor Lipstick in 140 Petal Attraction

It is a discontinued item and I was originally going to put this in a 'Vampiress Beauty Randomness' post, though I couldn't help but give this Maybelline lip product a post of it's own.  It's still widely available from cosmetic discounters web stores, Ebay and Amazon, so not all bad.

Petal Attraction- Neutral petal rose pink with tiny reflective micro glitters and has a shiny finish. (Looks slightly darker on me in real life)

The lipstick applies really shiny and glides on the lips like butter, but with a thin texture and pigmented. It smells absolutely divine like sugared oranges and tastes not half bad either. For the plumping I feel that it works, my lips do feel and look slightly larger. There is of course a tingly sensation but it's not uncomfortable like some can be, it's mild and feels to me almost cooling and does not dry my lips out at all. On wear time it's really quite good and lasts for at least two hours on me but the shine does fade.

I really would like to know why Maybelline thought it was a good idea to discontinue this product, I love the formula and I 100% prefer this over their Color Sensational line. I really would like to locate other shades.



Purchased at FragranceDirect

3 comments:

  1. thats really pretty i looked it up on amazon but the colour looks completly different?!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maybelline-Seduction-Plumping-Lipcolor-Attraction/dp/B005009MUO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328558818&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    is this the same one as im tempted to buy it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is the same. :) Just the colour is a little washed out in my pictures and is less nude and little deeper in real life. x

    ReplyDelete