Wednesday, 5 October 2011

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Universal Lip Glow

I've been seeing quite recently on other blogs and it just looks so delicious, I had to get one to try for myself. Also this is my first purchase from the L'Oreal Studio Secrets line. 

The packaging of the product is gorgeous with black and metallic pink casing. The bullet itself just kicks you to buy it, it looks like a pinky coral glassy lollipop.

This product is said to make your own unique shade of pink depending on your moisture level of your lips, not like the normal alkali level that most other brands use for their custom lip products.  


I found that my pink shade is quite sheer on the lips and almost invisible on the swatch on my arm. Don't get me wrong I do like the colour I ended up with on my lips, like I said before my lips are extremely pale to begin with. I love the subtle scent of fruity sweets but the taste is slightly weirdly bitter.

The texture is extremely light and slightly balmy with a glossy sheen that wears off. 
However the lip glow didn't last through my dinner it completely vanished. 


I feel that it's just more of a novelty pretty lip product than anything else.


Purchased at Superdrug

9 comments:

  1. The color on your lips is very nice but I rather would buy a 'real' lipstick because it would be a more intensive color. (:

    http://4seasons92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more pretty to look at than what it's for, to me. I wonder if anyone else achieves a deeper colour? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd want to eat this, it looks like a posh gummy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn- I lol'ed! It really does :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo tempted to get this but I know I would never wear it as its just too sheer. It's so pretty though! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this product or seen it, maybe it is UK only? But anyway, I agree, it seems to be fun more for the novelty of it. The final color on your lips was pretty. Maybe it did not show up on your arm because it goes off moisture level? Have you tried dampening your arm a bit and seeing if that changes anything?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. This looks like something I've seen from Clarins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aoife- It is really sheer on me, I don't know how it would work on anyone else. :-/ x

    Mandy- Thanks for the tip! I gave this a go but no luck as it looks just the same. :( x

    Dolly Daydream- Not clear just sheer. x

    VijiiS- It does! Clarins is more of a balm with standard tint. x

    ReplyDelete