Friday, 26 August 2011

Figs & Rouge 100% Organic Balm Rambling Rose

This Figs & Rouge balm has elegant vintage packaging, lovely organic ingredients a multi-use product. What's not to love?

Plenty for me anyway, the scent is evil. It's like waxy papery roses, a type of smell when you think your product has gone bad. I'm seriously confused as I know that there's more than a handful of beauty bloggers that are loving this, the scent too.



The texture is solid but very thin and greasy once touched by your skin, then suddlenly it dissappears within 5 minutes and I'm left with how my lips felt before. I don't think I'll use it on my face or body. I don't want to smell like expired wax or feel greasy. 

RRP is £2.99 from Boots


Sorry Figs & Rouge love the packaging but not the contents. Hope there will be other balms in your range I will like. I may just have a bad one.

Purchased at Boots

4 comments:

  1. It's sad the the smell and the product aren't top notch, as the packaging is gooorgeous--exactly what I want on my vanity in terms of appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other scents are better but I know what you mean about the texture, it takes some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waxy papery roses made me laugh :P That doesn't sound very nice though! I hate it when lip products disappear after such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy- I love vintage style packaging. :)

    Skin Scrubs- I'll have to try other scents just out of curosity. :)

    Phoenix- Lol >_< same here x

    ReplyDelete