Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF42 PA*** in No.13

I still can't believe myself that I'm using something other than my mineral foundations. I feel like I've betrayed my minerals, as I'm loving this BB cream so much! This Korean band Missha Perfect Cover BB is perfect for me and it's my first adventure in the BB cream world. It's making want to try more brands out there.
BB creams are all the rave in Asian countries, being Korea that made it a staple in a makeup line.

BB stands for 'Beauty Balm' or 'Blemish Balm' it's not a tinted moisturiser or a foundation, it's variety of things in one including:

Foundation
Primer
Concealer
Anti-Wrinkle Properties
Brightening/Whitening
Sun Protection
Moisturiser
If you're not sure about BB creams and want to know more I suggest visting Musings Of A Muse. She has loads of posts on all the information you need on the BB topic.

Unlike most BB creams this one comes in 3 shades, usually a brand will have one or just 2 shades.
I chose the lightest colour and it blends into my pale natural skin colour flawlessly. I don't have to worry about SPF on my face and it lasts all day with just using a usual cheap compact powder on top.
It has a medium coverage and a nice not too thick texture. It has a very delicate powdery floral scent to it but it isn't overpowering and you end up not smelling it after a while.
The packaging comes in a pump squeeze tube bottle like a lot off BB creams out there. I don't see why, as it's already a squeezy tube? Maybe it's to look more sophisticated. :)

If you're starting out on BB creams like me I'd recommend this one. It's not too expensive for buying overseas this costs me £11.55 for the full size including shipping on Ebay, you can also get the 20ml travel sized version for around £6.00 (which has a small nib not a pump) which I also have.




 It has quite a lot of English on the packaging *Click To Enlarge*
Purchased at Ebay

7 comments:

  1. Great post, I've seen the odd thing on blogs here and there about BB Creams but I wasn't really sure what they were. I'm going to check out Musings to find out some more stuff about them. I have terrible skin, perhaps this is something I should look in to rather than wearing foundation every day. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review. I've been wondering how light this shade 13 really is and it seems quite nice. Maybe I'll try it some day 'cause I've been interested in BB Creams quite a while now and the high spf is always a bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every BB cream I've seen a review for either on the Muse or Asian beauty blogs looks to be a great shade match for my skin. I'm always a bit dubious about Ebay though, which seller did you get this from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad someone pale has reviewed the lightest shade of this BB cream, I've been eyeing it up but I wasn't sure if it would be too dark... I'm going to have a nose for the best price :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a lot of SPF protection and it's more like of a sunscreen or a sun block with that kind of amount added. But never the less at least you are protected to the harmful rays of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh if you love this Missha Bb cream you'll adore their slightly more expensive bb cream called Signature Real Complete ( i know weird name) this also comes in the shade 13 and its overtaken my love of perfect cover as it doesnt have mineral oil in it, which is so much better for the skin!
    Ive found the shade 13 is the palest bb cream yet.

    ReplyDelete