Sunday, 15 May 2011

Chantelle Cucumber & Apple Reviving Face Masque

Chantelle is actually the budget range under brand Montagne Jeunesse. They cost 60p for a two pack but I swear they're slightly more expensive in stores. 

You get just the right amount in each sachet for your entire face and the smell is exactly how you would expect it to be, which is really refreshing and not artificial. It has a very soft texture which is very easy to spread evenly over your face. You leave this on for at least 10-15 mins, in that meantime it starts to dry to a hard clay like texture and it's green! My son decided to call me Zombie haha, he's addicted to Plants Vs Zombies and yes I admit I am too!

Once the time has finished you rinse off. 
Though with this you can't exactly 'rinse' as it's really tough to get off so you have to remove it with a face cloth and then rinse. 


Afterwards my face felt very dry and I noticed that I was getting red blotches! I rarely ever get allergic to most cosmetic products so this came as quite a shock to me. I had to slap on a ton of moisturiser to save my skin and I'll never ever use this one again. Thankfully the blotches disappeared after an hour. 

The funny thing is it's meant to do this
'Revive your skin & remove impurities. The natural ingredients moisturise, soothe and refresh.' 
Ummm soothe and moisturise? Yeah right

It's made me want to stick to the fun peel-offs in the future. 

Purchased at Wilkinsons

1 comment:

  1. I never thought face masks could get any cheaper! I'm going to look out for this brand next time I go to Wilkos - thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete