Friday, 22 October 2010

*~Meow Cosmetics~*

This is my first purchase from Meow Cosmetics and I have to say I'm very impressed. It came swiftly and presentation was very nice, complete with a leopard draw-string bag, really goes with the brand concept.
I know Phyrra has recommended these mineral foundations and I thought I'd give it a go. It's very hard for me to get a foundation as I don't like the feeling of regular foundations, yet alone to find a light enough shade. I've only found one match so far and that's Everyday Minerals in Fair Neutral, so I went for the shade that looked closer to this. I chose Siamese 0-Inquisitive in the Pampered Puss formula, which is for those that want to achieve a medium layerable coverage and have extra-sensitive skin. 
They do two sizes 8g which is called 'Munchkin' and the regular full-sized jar which is 30g, yes 30g! The 30g is $26.95 USD which is around £17 in GBP. I really think this is worth every penny and I wish all companies would offer this size. 
When I received my foundation, I must admit it did look a lot darker than my other foundation and got a little worried, but as soon as it was on my skin it appeared lighter and a perfect match.The consistency is lovely smooth and blendable and the finish is just as described. You will be seeing me buy this again and I think I much prefer this formula over EDM semi-matte.


Swatched pampered puss heavily as it didn't show up 'perfect match' :)

Meow Cosmetics also threw in two shadow samples which I was not expecting. 
These are each extremely pigmented and easy to blend. 

IdealEyes in Brazen- Which a pearly soft caramel honey colour
Feliner in Thunder- One of blackest black shadows I've come across, feliners are made to work to be both eyeshadow and eyeliner.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you found a match in Meow :) I <3 their foundation. Cool shadow samples, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try Meow but I'm just swamped by all their shades! The big size is awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyy!!! Meow is addictive for me. My drawer full says so :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'm glad you found a match :) I ordered a bunch of foundation samples a while ago but found several shades that sort of matched so I got confused and never bought a munchkin or full size XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto. I got like 2 pages of samples that stumped me. Teehee word verification = seadipet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phyrra- Thanks :D x

    Robyn- I felt that way when I first got into mineral makeup but I find it a breeze now, as I know my skin colour pretty well. :)

    KittenMittens- Oooo love to see your drawer lol! x

    SilhouetteScreams- Aww hope you'll identity it sooner or later. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D When I get my Alien order I will do an updated shot!

    ReplyDelete