Sunday, 12 September 2010

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 663 Va Va Violet

It's exciting to see a shade like this from Revlon, a deep gothy violet! Which I was expecting anyway. Turns out it's quite sheer and doesn't look intense as what's in the tube.

So it's more like a very red bruiser violet and quite uneven at that too. I had to achieve a couple of applications for my lip picture and it still doesn't look right. A lip liner will be needed when I will wear this again.
The weirdest thing is, though it's not the greatest coverage and somewhat patchy, it really does last hours. I think I prefer the wear off stain that it leaves which does indeed looks even.

The finish says 'Cream' on the tube which got me thinking about MAC's Amplified Creme finish, which it'll never be.
It's far too sheer to be called a 'Cream' but not too sheer to be called a 'Sheer' maybe the name semi would be perfect?

The overall texture is quite slippery but moisturising, the lipstick in my opinion looks better with wear. I cannot detect any scent or taste.

All Super Lustrous are around £7.99 each, maybe I should of gone with a MAC.




Purchased at Boots

10 comments:

  1. Huh. Too bad it goes on so weird ... love the color. : /

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color and it sucks that it applied weird but its still a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact same issue with this lipstick. Patchy ole mess. It is very similar in colour to MAC Cyber except Cyber is full coverage and being a Satin finish a little more matte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is great, but yeah it doesn't go on evenly! Too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shade!
    now following,care to follow back XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for commenting! It is such a shame, that the lipstick applies like this. Especially that it's not a oh so cheap drugstore brand.

    The Mistress- I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. :)
    Thanks for the recs. I'll have to check Cyber, I always thought MAC would have a dupe. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad as that colour is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks about the application, because it's a gorgeous colour. Though I swear I've swatched that colour at the store before and it wasnt that dark =S maybe it's different in Aus

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got mine and it was such a fail to me. I think it would be better if u use a lipliner and it could filled up the patchiness.

    ReplyDelete