Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Illamasqua The Art Of Darkness

Sadly I could not attend the latest Bloggers event, but seriously I wasn't expecting package to turn up with these goodies. So thank you so much Illamasqua!

I received two items from the Autumn/Winter collection 'The Art Of Darkness' one of them is a dark matte navy blue lipstick, freaking wow. :)

Lipstick in Disciple- This is the only lipstick in the current A/W collection and is described as a 'Deep Navy, Matte Finish' which is exactly that. I suppose it could appear almost black when on the lips but you definitely tell it's a blue navy.
The lipstick is matte and this one is sadly quite drying, I would advise to wear a lip balm underneath which I didn't do in my pics.
Anyhow surprisingly this lipstick is really decently pigmented, usually most brands would just put out a freakishly daring shade really annoyingly sheer. I'm so glad they chose not to and this is what I love about it.
I also detect a slight lovely Vanilla scent on this one.
Priced at £15.00





Precision Ink in Alchemy - Beautiful glitzy tarnished yellow gold without any chunks of grit, yet so sparkly. This liner can be used anywhere on the face and body, which is so versatile. If that's not enough they claim that's it's waterproof, which of course knowing me I tested this out.
I swatched then rinsed under running water and it didn't budge or smudge. Worryingly I thought it'd be a nightmare to take off, but it came off like a piece of cake with a makeup wipe.
The tip is a long felt which I do prefer rather than a brush.
I do hope they will eventually make more colours, a deep red would be fabulous. They currently have this shade and a black. The liner is expensive but in this case you're getting what you pay for.
Priced at £16.50


*Click to enlarge*
Disclaimer- These products were given to me by Illamasqua, this does never mean I will give a false review. All my reviews are always my total honest opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Both of these items look amazing, I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look interesting and I am liking that lipstick!

    ReplyDelete