Thursday, 27 May 2010

Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Mascara

I noticed today that I haven't done any mascara reviews, so I decided to review my latest which is 'Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Extreme Lengthening Mascara'

Now I usually go for volume but decided to try a lengthening.
Lash Extension Effect cost around £10.99 which is on the expensive side for a drug store brand, but I did purchase this when it was on promotional offer.

Now if you want naturally long wispy lashes then this is for you.

To me it doesn't seem to be a very black mascara which I do not like, if it would of had more pigment I would adore it. On the other hand it really does lift the lashes very well. (I never use lash curlers, I have no time for them)

It has a faint, the usual mascara type smell, yes I've had those chemically enriched paint smelling mascaras.



The applicator is quite slim with little combs and has a hard plastic feel.

Before
As you can see, my lashes are really dull and a medium browny blonde. They seem to lighter at the tips weird enough so you can't really see my true length.

After
This is round about 6 coats, I always apply a looadd of mascara till well... it starts to clump.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow, this seems like it does great things with length! i've tried a couple like this and been let down - might have to pick this one up. sucks about the clumping, though :( don't you hate when products have that love/hate feel lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lashes get lighter toward the tip as well, especially on the lower lashes.
    Your lashes certainly look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes your lower lashes look so lush *___*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kell-There always has to be a downside somehow, especially with mascaras. x

    Deb- Glad I'm not the only one and thank you. :)

    SilhouetteScreams- Heh heh thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have the lower lashes i want!

    ReplyDelete