Friday, 16 April 2010

L'Oreal Color Riche Serum Lipstick in S 101 Freshly Candy

Remember the Renewal Lash Serum? Now L'Oreal have a special serum in their new range of lipsticks too. Still a Color Riche Lipstick but with a core of serum, now I'm thinking why didn't they just blend it all the way through their lipstick? Everyone of us applies our lipstick differently and not all of us are going to get to the core of serum.

What does the serum do?

L'Oreal say..

"Your skin has its care routine but what about your lips?
A L’OrĂ©al 1st! A boosting serum at the heart of a lipstick, containing Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid, to hydrate and plump with moisture.
Lips are enveloped in voluptuous colour that doesn’t feather.

Result? More defined, younger-looking lips."

In my opinion I much prefer the texture of the standard Color Riche lipsticks, while it still has the same gorgeous violet vanilla candy scent the texture is a lot sheerer and lighter, I'm gathering it's something to do with the serum in the middle. Sure it is moisturising but not like they make it out to be.
The longevity is great, when it does wear away it lives a nice even stain and no I didn't notice any bleeding which is all good. :)

I chose 'Freshly Candy' which is a nice pinky warm salmon shade.

Priced at £8.99 which is quite expensive for drugstore, I don't think I will repurchase unless they're on offer.





7 comments:

  1. great post! love the colour will def pick this up are they on offer atm?, £8.99 does seems a lot for a drugstore lipstick =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade is GORGEOUS on you, but I hate these kinds of lipsticks too :( I've never found one with good colour payoff that had the moisturising crap in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great color, but I never understood the concept of putting a treatment product in the core of the lipstick. It just seems like it would make application more complicated. I agree that companies should just find a way to blend the treatment product into the whole lipstick or not add it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour looks amazing on you! But i agree, having the core of serum just seems silly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments and glad I'm not the only one that feels the same. It's kind of like two step mascaras, can't they just put it all in 1? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like a really pretty color!

    ReplyDelete