Friday, 5 March 2010

Velvet Lip Colours

Lip velvets are a fairly newish lip product on the market and I'm really not all keen on them!
They are much like the packaging of a lipgloss, sponge applicator and all, the formula is not.
Imagine a cheap matte lipstick that got put in a blender then poured into your lipgloss tube, this is a lip velvet.
As you apply your velvet it's fairly wet and very easy to blend into your lips, wait 5 minutes and it's dry and cracks start to show up. However it doesn't end there, your lip colour then ends up flaking like a evil mascara.



W7
Velvet Lip Colour- This one is a no namer, while some of their products do have names others get the miss. I actually picked this up because I thought it was a lipgloss.
It's the most pretty pale bubblegum pink and that's where it ends. It tastes of putrid chemicals and flakes the most...oh and cracks baby. Not worth £2.50, I could've got some ELF.





Bourjois So Delicate Lip Cream in 55 Fuchsia Delicat-I wouldn't call this a fuchsia noway!
More of a deep warm red pink. This smells gorgeous like perfumed roses and no taste. When dry it still flakes and does gives the illusion of dehydrated lips but a little more moisturising.



The final verdict? Well I'll be sticking to my lipglosses & lipsticks thank you! Unless new technology bites me..

9 comments:

  1. The Bourjois one looks quite nice, I'm assuming this is pre-flake?

    Think I'll just stick to matte lipsticks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lips are so juicy! I like the last colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the darker pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad they don't work well, because they are pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these like those horrible longwear lip colours without the included gloss?

    Pity they fail so hard, theyre so pretty D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the second one is very pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hun, i have an award for you on my blog! :)

    http://xcharleym0ox.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. RaeRae- You can actually see some flaking if you look closely or click on the pic. :)

    BLIX- Aww thanks! x

    Phyrra- I think I prefer this one too even though I do like my bubblegum pinks. :)

    Deb- I need these in a lipstick or gloss form! :)

    SilhouetteScreams- I'd say they're more thick and moussey then vinyl like the longwears.x

    Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん-Thanks :D

    xcharleym0ox-Wowza thanks! I'm going to have a look! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love the Bourjois one! I have three of them (in different shades, of course). But I really like the feather light matte lip look. xx

    ReplyDelete