Sunday, 4 October 2009

Vampiress Beauty Randomness 3

I've yet to come across an Everyday Minerals product I hated.This is a shadow which is in their shimmer finish named Well Being, they describe this as a dark, deep purple grey with flecks of dark sparkle. I would say they're pretty accurate, it kind of reminds me of MAC's Beauty Marked that's more lighter with added aubergine. The shimmer itself looks really glittery in the pot but in fact is more a reflective iridescence, it isn't gritty the slightest just silky, a really lovely texture. I always find myself reaching this, for deep smoky purple eyes.


Mmm this is a gorgeous gloss, I cannot stop sniffing it and applying it. This is Barry M Lip Gloss in Bubblegum, which fits the shade and well....smells like it! Yes so it's very one of those bubblegum pinks that's milky with the cool pink hotness. The texture can go how you like it, thin or thick but you will not get gloopy stickiness. It's very pigmented indeed and the packaging is very sturdy and shiny, feels more on the expensive side. The longevity of this gloss is average, but it's fun to apply it anyway and will boost your lipstick.


Yay! These are just a few products that I've used up and ready to be thrown out.
1. Parfums Love Body Fragrance in You & Me- Smells like delicious fruity berries, will get again if I come across it.

2. Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara- I love this, and will repurchase, of course when I finished some of my unopened mascaras. :) It gives you the blackest black lashes that are long fluffy but slightly patent.

3. Bourjois Liner Effect Mascara- Wasn't too keen on this, as it gets too clumpy and I'm gathering this is why it gives you a 'liner' effect.

4. L'Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss- You can see the gloss on this, but the colour gets a little watery and appears more grey than black.

9 comments:

  1. Both are so pretty! I really love EDM, but have been shying away from them since they changed their website. Grr! More Barry M loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shade of the eyeshadow looks very unique. Its very pretty. The pink lip gloss reminds me of nyx's round lipgloss in doll but i hate smelling it coz it smells funky lol.

    btw thanks for commenting on my party look post. My hair was messy in the photos, I just got out of the shower and aired dried it lol. But thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the first person I've met who has liked EDM, I think. When I tried their products I didn't care much for them. That eye shadow looks like it has potential though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Kate - I remember when they first started out, now they have so much stuff! x

    Becky- I'll have to have a look at doll hope it's not that stinky.
    Wow, you must naturally have beach babe hair then! x

    Phyrra- Really? I'd be scared if they didn't sell my foundation any more. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their foundation caused me to break out, really badly :( Of course, I couldn't find a good match to my skintone, either. I have a weird mix of undertones... a bit of peach, a bit of yellow, a bit of cream and a bit of beige and an overtone of pink. When I say a bit, I mean a BIT. If it's too much of any I look funny. I found my perfect match in Meow's Pampered Puss in Inquisitive Siamese (which is a light neutral), and another good match in Aromaleigh's Glissade in 1CL plus Alabaster. Before that, my foundations never matched perfectly, they were just 'close enough.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phyraa,
    That doesn't sound good at all. I'm surprised you broke out as there's not many ingredients listed in the products.
    I seem to be just pretty neutral, but anything too yellow or pink looks bad and I always have a hard time to find light enough foundations, before fair neutral buff from EDM. I may need to find something similar just in case!
    It must be even Harder for you but I'm glad you found your perfect foundations! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my meow foundation the ingredients are: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

    So not very many. It's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. EDM minerals is pretty much the same.

    Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007). *Original Glo and Semi-Matte contain zinc oxide (CI 77947).

    But ultramarines? Or maybe it's just from different sources.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure. I just got nasty zits from them, which sucked :(

    ReplyDelete